Memory Disorder Clinic
Recognize Memory Problems
As you age, you may experience some slowing of though processes and short-term memory loss. However, when it becomes progressively worse and interferes with daily life, the need for a medical evaluation is indicated. There are many conditions that can cause memory impairment or loss, including adverse medication effects, stroke, thyroid or vitamin deficiency, Parkinson’s disease, depression and other neurological diseases. Early diagnosis is essential to determine the cause of memory loss and begin effective treatment.
The Memory Disorder Clinic at Palm Beach Neuroscience Institute is one of the 17 state designated memory centers in the state of Florida, offering comprehensive evaluation. Our center serves as a diagnostic, treatment and referral source for individuals experiencing changes in their memory and/or other cognitive functions, which may be affecting their daily lives.
A Comprehensive Evaluation
Our multidisciplinary team, composed of professionals from various fields, work together to assess and treat the cause of each individual’s memory concerns.
Our team members include:
- Neurologists – Arif Dalvi, MD, MBA
- Neuropsychologists – Nicholas DePrima, PsyD
- Nurse Practitioners – Shellyann Timmons, APRN
- Clinical Social Worker – Dwanne S. Clayton, MSW, RCSWI
- Counseling and education
- Caregiver support and education
- Early diagnosis support group
- Referrals to the newest research studies and community resources
- Educational materials
- Diagnostic imaging
Treatment Planning & Follow-Up
Upon completion of the diagnostic process, we meet with the patient and family/care partner to discuss the findings. Diagnosis, treatment, support and referrals to appropriate community resouces are provided and follow-up visits are arranged to evaluate progress and review treatment.
A comprehensive report including all findings, diagnosis and plan of care is sent to the primary care provider.
Early Detection Can Make A Difference
Do you or someone you love:
- Need reminders to do things like chores, shopping or taking medication?
- Forget appointments, family occasions or holidays?
- Feel sad or cry more often than in the past?
- Have increasing trouble doing calculations, managing finances or balancing a checkbook?
- Have a loss of interest in usual activities such as hobbies or other social activities?
- Have toruble finishing sentences, or naming people or things?
If you are concerned about your answers, we encourage you to have a memory check-up.
For more information about the Memory Disorder Clinic at Palm Beach Neuroscience Institute call –